3411 Willamette St
- Only fully vaccinated people will be allowed to attend the dance.
- We will check your vaccination card when you enter. We will be retaining the information so we will not need to check your card at future dances.
- All in attendance must remain masked during the event while indoors, except when actually drinking water.
- COVID Policy (updated 8/28/2022)
Bandwidth brings together three of Portland’s contra dance music veterans, Gordy Euler (fiddle, piano), Keith Moe (fiddle), and Carl Thor (piano, mandolin) in a new configuration. Their list of band affiliations reads like a “Who’s Who” of the Portland folk music scene, including: Hands4, Full Moon, The Steeltones, Shanghaied on the Willamette, Stepwise, Cascade Crossing, Celtinalia, Tunestruck, and, of course, the bodacious Portland Megaband. Be ready for an exciting spectrum of contra dance music when these gents take to the stage.
Caller: William Watson
William Watson, a resident of Portland, OR, danced his first contra in 1989 and began calling in Texas in 1992. Having called numerous contra events in cities coast-to-coast, William’s extensive experience and soothing voice project a calm confidence. His vigilant and thoughtful dance programming ensures a variety of figures, transitions, and sequences to entertain and support new dancers while offering the occasional challenge for the more advanced. His calling proficiency and sensitivities ensure everyone has a good time.
- Admission: $12-$20 non-members; $10-$20 for EFS members; $8 students
- Beginners lesson starts at 7:00pm (experienced dancers welcome). Each dance is taught.
- Dance starts at 7:30pm. No partner necessary (it’s traditional to dance each dance with a different partner)
- Calling will use gender-neutral terminology
- Find out more about attending at the Eugene Contra page.
- Potluck: Potlucks are not being planned at this time..
- Dance held at The Village School,