3411 Willamette St
Based on results of a survey of our Contra community, EFS has changed its health safety policy. As of May 2023 we will no longer require proof of COVID vaccination to attend a contra dance and wearing of masks will be optional, at the discretion of individual participants.
Band: Dave Bartley and Ben Jackson
Dave Bartley plays guitar, mandolin, cittern, and several other stringed instruments. He has played many styles of music over the years and continues to range over several genres. He has performed throughout the US and Canada, and in England, Australia, France and Greece. It is difficult to count the number of bands in which he plays.
Violinist Ben Jackson strives to project the joy of the musical experience in all of his work. Whether playing solo, chamber, or orchestral music, he has been praised for his musicality and, very occasionally, his technical ability.
Caller: Kelsey Hartman
A dance caller in the California Bay Area for ten years, Kelsey strives to connect the dancers with the band’s magic and music… with the goal of creating a conduit for joy.
- Admission: $12-$20 non-members; $10-$20 for EFS members; $8 students
- Beginners lesson starts at 7:00pm (experienced dancers welcome). Each dance is taught.
- Dance starts at 7:30pm. No partner necessary (it’s traditional to dance each dance with a different partner)
- Calling will use gender-neutral terminology
- Find out more about attending at the Eugene Contra page.
- Potluck: Potlucks are not being planned at this time..
- Dance held at The Village School,