3411 Willamette St
- Only fully vaccinated people will be allowed to attend the dance.
- We will check your vaccination card when you enter. We will be retaining the information so we will not need to check your card at each subsequent dance.
- All in attendance must remain masked during the event while indoors, except when actually drinking water.
- COVID Policy (updated 8/28/2022)
Jeremy Wegner, Ken Sokolov, Sean Shanahan, and Chip Cohen are long-standing fixtures on the Eugene folk music scene. Jeremy plays mandolin and guitar with, among others, the Sugar Beets, the Wingnuts and the Laura Kemp Trio. Ken, best known as a drummer/percussionist, is also an accomplished bouzouki player. Chip plays fiddle as a soloist and has worked with numerous bands including the Conjugal Visitors and the Holy Modal Rounders. Jeremy, Ken, and Chip are members of klezmer band the Klezmonauts, and play Irish music as the Celtonauts. For the contra dance they will play a mix of Celtic and old-time tunes. Joining them on bass will be Sean Shanahan. http://www.chipcohenmusic.com/
Caller: Gordy Euler
Gordy Euler has been calling contra dances for ten years up and down the West Coast and has also written some dances. He likes to orient newcomers gently and with humor, teach succinctly, present a program with a variety of dances, and have the dancers dance to the music as much as possible.. As a musician and dancer, Gordy knows all sides of the dance community and has a great instinct on communicating effectively with bands and dancers.
- Admission: $12-$20 non-members; $10-$20 for EFS members; $8 students
- Beginners lesson starts at 7:00pm (experienced dancers welcome). Each dance is taught.
- Dance starts at 7:30pm. No partner necessary (it’s traditional to dance each dance with a different partner)
- Calling will use gender-neutral terminology
- Find out more about attending at the Eugene Contra page.
- Potluck: Potlucks are not being planned at this time..
- Dance held at The Village School,