EUGENE FOLKLORE SOCIETY COVID SAFETY POLICY (as of 9/17/2022)
The following policies regarding Covid are intended to keep our community and dancers as safe,
happy, and healthy as possible. Participation in contra dance while COVID is still in the
community carries not only the typical risks associated with a physical activity, but also
increased risk of exposure to the COVID virus. This policy is subject to change. Updated
September 17, 2022 by the Board of Directors of the Eugene Folklore Society.
To help protect our community the following will be required of all
- Sign waiver before entering a dance hall and agree to all conditions for attendance (email
will be requested for contact tracing).
- Show identification (driver’s license, student ID, or government-issued ID)
- Bring proof of full vaccination (physical card or legible photo). We encourage having the
most recent boosters when eligible.
- Wear a well-fitted mask which covers your nose and mouth while in the building, unless
actively drinking water. Increased breathing may result in a moist mask; consider bringing
an extra mask. (K/N95/KF94 is preferred, or double masking with a medical & cloth mask).
- Be mindful of others’ variable comfort levels, especially with respect to personal space
and level of touch (e.g., allow for different types of swings).
- For regular contra dances, a home rapid COVID test on same day of attendance will
be required if CDC shows Lane County as having a medium or high COVID risk. Bring a
photo of the negative test result to show at the check-in table.
- For 2022 Cascade Contras on the River, a home rapid COVID test within 6 hours
before attending will be required of all attendees regardless of Lane County COVID
- Stay home if you feel ill; we reserved the right to ask anyone experiencing symptoms to
leave a dance.
- Please notify us if you have a positive COVID test within 10 days after attending a dance
through the EFS website contact form